Saturday, June 21, 2014

On Thursday, June 12, sweet baby Gracen arrived! She was born at 3:16 pm, weighed 9 lbs, 10 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long! Blaine and baby went home a few days after Gracen was born and are doing so great in their new home! Mom stayed in Dallas for over a week and oh my goodness, how I want to learn how to love and serve others as she does! Blaine and Sam moved into their new home when Gracen was a week old (yeah, so not ideal timing), so mom helped pack and move them, cooked dinner, stocked their fridge, cleaned, and ran errands so Blaine and Sam could take time to focus on themselves and baby. I am so beyond thankful for that woman in my life and how I so want to be just like her! Dustin finished his last mandatory practices a couple days ago and is off for the next three weeks. He decided he wanted to stay in Dallas because he wants to take this time to work out and study hard before he leaves for training camp in California. The past couple weeks I have been giving volleyball lessons and training for a half marathon--both things that I have been wanting to do for a while. Training for this half marathon has been SO good for me because it has given me something to work for since I haven't been able to actually work since I can't really commit to a job right now. I decided to run the half on June 8.. and race day is on June 28.. so I haven't really given myself much time to train but again, my competitive nature has kinda taken over. A verse that has really hit me these last couple of weeks is 1 Thessalonians 5:16. There are days that I desire stability and want to know that Dustin has a job so I can commit to a job, have a permanent place to call home (that's not our storage unit in Irving with all of our stuff in it) and so want someone to walk up to me and say "God told me y'all are staying in Dallas." That clearly is not how things usually work. Although God's plan for our lives is not going to be mailed to me (or my parent's home address in Corpus because we don't really have a permanent address right now... can you tell I'm struggling with the lack of stability, today?) 1 Thessalonians 5:16 says this "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" BOOM! THERE IS SOMETHING I CAN DO RIGHT NOW! GOD'S WILL IS WRITTEN OUT FOR ME! I can rejoice and give thanks for the circumstance God placed us in and I can pray continuously for Dustin and for the adventure that is ahead. As I continue to battle wanting stability and wanting a crystal ball to tell me what the future holds, I can rest in this verse. Thankful for a God who daily bears our burdens for us!  PS. How STINKING cute is this little niece of mine?!



No comments:

Post a Comment