Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day! I have had so many moments these last couple of weeks of just stopping and thanking my God for what he has laid before us. He placed us in Dallas-close to family, friends, and people we know and how my heart just screams with joy. I've said it before, and I will continue to say this... we are so undeserving of this adventure but how thankful I am for the Lord's blessings. The family we are living with is beyond wonderful! The Merricks are so generous and supportive and have really taken time to get to know us and have allowed us to get to know their family. What a complete blessing from the Lord to allow us to live with such a great family! I honestly have no idea how people do this when they go to a city away from home and do not know a single soul. But, because I know there are so many people who do it, I am so thankful that we at least started off in Dallas where we can get our feet wet as we learn what life in the NFL is like while surrounded by family and friends. What a complete joy to learn what it means to live by faith in trusting a God whose hands have been covering us all along from day one! What a complete joy to know that there is nothing I can do besides pray for, encourage, love, and support Dustin (and maybe cook a meal or two for him) along this journey and that our future is not in my hands at all. I really battled with this whole "not being in control thing" for a while. I am such a "do-er" and a go-getter that it was really hard for me to just sit back and watch the Lord work without overanalyzing everything and trying to make matters in my own hands. And let's be honest, is there really anything I can do to make sure Dustin makes the 53 man roster? I am still learning what a defensive end does and what holding is (okay, I'm exaggerating... well, kinda). But what a joy that there is even nothing Dustin can do besides work hard and try to make every day better than the day before.  If it is His will for us to be in Dallas, the Lord will continue to provide. If it is His will that we move to a different city, the Lord will provide. What a joy that we serve such a loving, generous, forgiving, and faithful God! What is He teaching me in this time? 1. To trust in Him 2. To fully enjoy and be thankful for this time 3. To be intentional--to be intentional with finding friendships, getting involved in church and other activities that I enjoy doing, and finding things to do to keep my 24-year-old-unemployed-always-have-to-be-doing-something-but-I-don't-like-watching-tv-self busy

No comments:

Post a Comment