Today is the day! Today is the day I get to travel to San Diego and begin my week long Califonia adventure. As I sit on the plane daydreaming while looking out the window, I can't help but praise God for this unbelievable summer. I have been able to do things and be around family that I haven't been able to do in years. I was able to go to Jackson Hole with my family for a while which was UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS! Goodness, praise God! How he has made me grow on so many levels but how incredible this journey has been so far. As Rich wisely told Dustin "May this process bring you to your knees" and how true those words have become. I've battled feelings and thoughts of entitlement of "Dustin deserves this", a prideful heart, anxiety, and just not fully trusting God's plan for our lives. Crazy as it sounds, I've even thought "WHY CAN'T MY HUSBAND JUST HAVE A STABLE JOB THAT WE CAN CONTROL WHERE WE LIVE AND HOW LONG WE STAY IN A PLACE?" AGAIN. CRAZY. As I sit here the day before he plays, my biggest fear is that he won't get an opportunity. At the end of the day, I hope Dustin can smile and say with confidence that he did all he could. Like so many things in life, the hardest part is just getting the chance to prove to others that he does belong and that he can hang with the best. Let the praying from all his prayer warriors continue!
No comments:
Post a Comment